The Cambridge/Guernsey County Visitors & Convention Bureau is seeking a few good VIP’s (Very Important People) to work in our Tourism Information Center on Saturdays. Tourism Counselors have a lot of fun meeting and assisting lots of interesting visitors, Our TIC is open every Saturday from 10am – 3pm unless it falls on a major holiday.
Job duties include:
- Answering telephone promptly and providing accurate travel information.
- Preparing bulk mailings under the direction of office manager.
- Greeting visitors to TIC
- Collating material for Welcome Bags and bulk mailings.
- Recording walk-ins.
- Keeping TIC and work areas clean and organized.
- Using copier, fax, and other general office equipment.
- Learning brochure inventory.
- Making calls to attractions, hotels or other CVB’s to obtain needed brochures under the direction of the communication manager.
- Some light cleaning of area may be required.
- Performing additional duties as needed.
The Qualified “Candidate” will possess:
- Basic knowledge of the internet
- Pleasant phone voice and office skills
- Professional appearance and presence
- Able to follow directions
- Self-motivated and well-organized
- Have excellent communication skills
- Punctual and dependable
- Very flexible and able to work alone as well as with others
- Tasks: Lifting of literature as required.
- Temperament: ability to perform a variety of tasks, often changing assignments on short notice.
- Interests: Must be interested in helping visitors and having public contact.
One thing is definitely true about your time spent with us – something different, odd, amusing, touching, surprising or downright funny is bound to happen every day!
Interested candidates should respond to VCB Executive Director, Debbie Robinson at director@VisitGuernseyCounty.com