Cambridge/Guernsey County Visitors & Convention Bureau is seeking a few good VIP’s (Volunteers are Very Important People) to work in our Tourist Information Center on Saturdays. Besides having fun and meeting and assisting lots of interesting visitors, the VCB is offering some great incentives to the volunteers like Chamber Bucks, tickets to the Pritchard Laughlin Civic Center’s Variety Series, lunch at Timbers Restaurant at Salt Fork Lodge, and admission to any show at the Living Word Outdoor Drama Amphitheater. Our TIC is open every Saturday from 9am – 5pm unless it falls on a major holiday.
Job Duties Include: (download application)
- Answering telephone promptly and provide accurate travel information.
- Preparing bulk mailings under the direction of office manager.
- Greeting visitors to TIC
- Collating material for Welcome Bags and bulk mailings.
- Recording walk-ins
- Keeping TIC and work areas clean and organized.
- Using copier, fax, and other general office equipment.
- Learning brochure inventory.
- Making calls to attractions, hotels or other CVB’s to obtain needed brochures under the direction of the communications/information manager.
- Some light cleaning of area may be required.
- Performing additional duties as needed.
The Qualified "Candidate" will posses:
- Basic knowledge of the internet.
- Pleasant phone voice and office skills.
- Professional appearance and presence.
- Able to follow directions.
- Self-motivated and well-organized
- Have excellent communication skills
- Punctual and dependable
- Very flexible and able to work alone as well as with others
Tasks: Lifting of literatures as required.
Temperament: ability to perform a variety of tasks, often changing assignments on short notice.
Interests: Must be interested in helping visitors and having public contact.
One thing is definitely true about your time spent with us – something different, odd, amusing, touching, surprising or downright funny is bound to happen every day! Interested candidates should respond to VCB Executive Director, Debbie Robinson at .